We can assist the group move through the decision process to commitment and focus on moving forward. This is typically conducted through a series of workshops to build consensus among group members. Workshops include:
- Introduction, Orientation & Helping to Spread the Word. We run brief sessions in communities to build interest and awareness of the new community being planned. People tend to self-select into cohousing – the community will attract like-minded people. We help spread the word about the planned community and build a critical mass of supporters.
- Feasibility. We can quickly assess the feasibility and risks facing a new community….before significant money is invested in land and design planning. We analyze the key assumptions surrounding a target site for acquisition and build everyone’s comfort level with plans. This helps build support among the broader group.
- Getting It Built. This how-to workshop covers all the key elements of the development business and your project – including land acquisition strategies, financing, budgeting, project management and community building.
- Study Groups. We can run study group workshops on site layout, common house design and individual unit design. Our partners have a vast depth of experience in this area gained through working on projects across North America. We don’t have to reinvent the wheel on much of this work – we can share the lessons learned on many other projects.
- Community Building. We can help you continue to grow your group and attract members, and also work on effective decision-making.