Aldermuir….a cohousing neighbourhood
Welcome to BC’s newest cohousing community: Aldermuir.
We will be holding more meetings and coffee meet-ups over coming weeks and months. We’re looking for more members to help us on this journey so if this is something you might be interested in then contact us at email@example.com and sign up for our mailing list and updates (right side of this web page).
See how the original plan for cohousing in Qualicum Beach was envisioned.
Check out the community website including current plans and designs at this link.
We imagine our neighbourhood will include:
- Groups heading out for a bike ride.
- People gardening, dog-owners walking their pups, and others building in the wood shop.
- Somebody preparing dinner using the pizza oven in the common house kitchen.
- Ducks on the pond and redwing blackbirds in the orchard.
- Kids riding their bikes around the neighbourhood, playing in open space and climbing trees. Laughter.
- Sharing food or tea with a neighbour who is not feeling well – people helping each other
- People on their own private decks reading a book while sipping coffee.
- Watching deer pass by.
- Exercise and yoga classes in the common house.
- Kayaks still wet from a run in Little Qualicum River.
- The hum of a golf cart as someone unloads their car.
- Pride of knowing that we have created something special. Something that we own inside our hearts and take care of.
Plus other ideas from new people who join us on this adventure!
Who we are:
We are an inter-generational community planning to build our own cohousing neighbourhood on land secured for us by Livewell Cohousing. All are welcome, young, old, kids, pups, kitties. Check out the links below for more details.
For more information, please visit www.facebook.com/PQBcohousing