We specialize in facilitating the development of cohousing communities. We will follow and implement your vision for the community and we understand that community-led projects must be just that: led by the cohousing community itself. We can also help re-energize your group and provide clear direction and assistance on moving things forward.
Real estate development can be a risky and challenging process. Even the best trip up occasionally. This is not something for the faint of heart or people with a full-time day job. Moving a project forward requires specialists who understand the financing and development business, and who have years of experience.
Areas where we can assist:
- Clarifying the overall goals and vision for the project
- Feasibility studies on target sites for project
- Seed financing and pre-development funding
- Acquiring the site (including land leases and innovative ownership structures to manage risk and group cash situation)
- Financing for acquisition of the site
- Getting It Built workshop – call it “Development 101”
- Study Groups on aging successfully (and aging in place)
- Study Groups on site layout, common house and individual unit designs
- Rezoning approvals
- Financing for construction of the project
- Building the project
- Customizing units to specific needs of group members (without causing excessive costs for everyone else)